Covid 19 Plan - Kananaskis Country Golf Course
Our team at Kananaskis Country Golf Course, are elated to be part of the solution for our community to provide a medium for people to get out and safely and responsibly socialize and get exercise for mental health, fitness, and the human need for connection.
Kananaskis Country Golf Course has been working very hard over the past several weeks to put together a number of plans to help ensure that our facility is safe for our team and our guests during a very trying time for our society.
As we go through the 2020 golf season, you can stay connected with all the happenings at the Kananaskis Country Golf Course by subscribing to our newsletter, following us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Our website and golf app will be constantly updated as new information develops as we strive together to advance through the Government of Alberta phases.
Creating a fun, safe, and fantastic experience at our facility has always been our number one priority since opening in 1983. Now more than ever, we need your help to ensure this happens. If you are sick or feeling any symptoms such as Cough, Headache, Fever, or Difficulty breathing, please stay home and call 811! We will look forward to seeing you when you are feeling better! Thanks for your help with this!
Please check back to this site periodically as these policies may change or be removed as we adapt to our new operations and changes in the government mandates. We know the excitement to get back on the course is as high as ever and hope that you will help us ensure the safety of our staff and guests.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Here is what you can expect for your 2020 tee time:
- Guests will arrive at the golf course and proceed to our greeter that will be located on the main road entering the golf course. Signage will be displayed.
- From there you will be given the option to park your vehicle and walk your clubs to the golf shop or proceed to the club drop area where you can drop your clubs off, then return back down to the parking lots to self-park your own vehicle.
- Our Outside Service Staff will not be handling golf bags, so please be prepared to unload your own golf bag from your vehicle and load it onto the golf cart.
- Guests will be able to load their own clubs onto a sanitized golf cart no earlier than 30 minutes prior to their tee time. To avoid gatherings, we will be controlling how many people are allowed up near the golf shop. You will be given the “ok” to load up your clubs once safe distancing is available for you.
- Golf Cart use: One rider per cart (unless you are sharing the same residence), two sets of clubs will be allowed on a golf cart, allowing the walker to enjoy the walk without carrying clubs and having the cart rider acting somewhat as a “no touch” caddy for the walking guest. Social distancing is expected at all times. Please note there is a maximum of two carts per foursome.
- Payment for tee time – Golfers will need to provide ID for discounted rates (Albertan and Senior rates) to a K-team member prior to play. All fees for the group will be charged to the credit card on file for the individual who booked the tee time. Receipt of the round will be emailed to the address on your profile.
Golf Shop Policy
- Golf shop retail items will be available with limited golf shop access, standard social distancing practices are required. The entire Golf Shop area will be cleaned and sanitized regularly throughout the day. Attention and care will be taken at all times to provide a warm, safe, and fun environment for all guests.
- Please note that if you are planning on using a pull cart – Kananaskis Country Golf Course has a limited inventory of 15 Pull carts available to rent.
- Our Golf Shop set up and design will encourage safe movement inside and permit guests to safely find fantastic souvenirs of their time with us. We encourage guests to look around but avoid touching items they are not considering purchasing.
- Debit and Credit card will be accepted for purchases.
- Driving range and putting greens will remain open. We have reduced the number of stalls available to warm up to ensure social distancing. Please keep social distancing in mind while using the practice putting green as well.
- On course washrooms will be open and cleaned/sanitized throughout the day.
- Bear proof Garbage’s and recycling on course will be available and sanitized regularly.
- Signs at the first tee along with our friendly Starters will highlight information you will need to know to play a safe and responsible round of golf!
- Sometimes old habits are hard to break so please remember to social distance throughout your entire round of golf keeping a minimum of 2 meters between you and other members in your group. High fives and hugs during the round and after will have to wait until it is considered safe to do again!
- Pins/flags must be left in at all times.
- Cups will have a device you can use with your putter head to lift the ball from the hole.
- No sand bottles will be provided on carts or on course, please replace divots
- No rakes will be on course near the sand traps. Please take a preferred lie.
- Snack Shacks will be open daily for food and beverages.
Summit Restaurant, Lounge and Patios
- The Summit Restaurant will be open and will follow all recommendations and restrictions set forth by the Government of Alberta. We will have a full menu available upon opening and look forward to having you join us before or after your round!
Mt. Kidd & Mt. Lorette Snack Shacks
• The snack shacks for each course will be open and to best manage social distancing, we ask our guests to use the snack shack on the course you are scheduled to play. The food and beverage offering in the shacks will be the same in both. Please follow all signage with respect to flow of service to ensure we promote social distancing.
- Once you arrive back to the golf shop after your round of golf, you will be greeted by a member of our team. Please empty your own garbage into bins provided for you and ensure you have packed up all of your belongings. From there you will be asked to take your golf clubs to the bag rack outside of the Summit Restaurant at the Clubhouse or return them to your vehicle.
- If you are wanting to take in the incredible views from our Summit Restaurant, Lounge and Patio while enjoying fantastic food and service, there will be a location for you to place your clubs outside of the Summit Restaurant area.
- You will be able to drive your car up to the Restaurant to pick up your clubs before you depart the property. Please note: golf clubs left outside are not monitored by anyone and Kananaskis Country Golf Course will not be responsible for any lost or damaged clubs.
- Please ensure that you have the correct set of clubs prior to loading them into your car.
- If you are looking to head home immediately after your round, our team will be happy to provide you directions back down to the parking lots.